Tandem jumps are meant to offer an introduction to the sport. Tandem skydiving is currently the most popular way to make your first jump. A tandem skydive will allow the first time jumper to experience free fall while attached in front of an experienced jumper. A tandem jump only requires a few minutes of ground preparation (it is not a Solo First Jump Course). The passenger and tandem master each wear a harness. however only the tandem master wears the parachutes. The passenger's harness attached to the front of the master's harness and the two of them free fall together for about 30 seconds. open the parachute together. and land together under one Really BIG Parachute.
Tandem jumping provides an obvious advantage for the adventurous spirit who cannot adequately meet the physical or proficiency requirements for the Solo or Accelerated Free fall jumps. By relying on the Tandem Master's experience and skills they will still be able to experience the thrill of skydiving.
Because the tandem training is not a First Jump Course. if you decide to pursue the sport. you will still have to attend a Solo Jump Course in either the AFF or Static line curriculum.
- Age - Everyone must be at least 18 years old the day of their jump.
- Weight Restrictions -
- Anyone weighing more than 210lbs. will only be taken at the sole discretion of the tandem instructor (call ahead to ensure an instructor will take you if you weigh more than 210lbs.).
- Maximum weight limit of 230lbs is STRICTLY enforced. More detailed information about why weight restrictions are necessary.
- Clothing - Please wear tennis shoes. no sandals or boots. Shoes are required for you to make a tandem skydive. T-shirt and shorts for warm weather. Sweat shirts. jeans and gloves for cooler weather.
- Personal Items - Remove all jewelry and empty your pockets. No watches. bracelets. necklaces or body jewelry. Please leave them in your car or with a friend. You will need to pay first. but after that please leave your personal items with a friend our in your car.
- Weather -
- Frist - You can't skydive if you aren't at the skydiving center!
- We know what the current weather is at the skydiving center, it can be very different from where you are. Here is a link to the weather forecast we find most useful and another for good measure.
- The most useful information we can give you about the weather, (other than guessing what the weather is going to be) is for you to know that if you are not at the parachute center you can't jump no matter what the weather is.
- Please, don't waste your time looking at long range weather forecasts! Due to the inaccuracy of extended weather forecasts we do not consider ANY weather "forecast" (guess) more than 4-hours in the future.
- "Please" don't wast time looking at long range weather "forecast" (guess). Because they are so inaccurate we do not take any forecast greater than 4-hours into the future into consideration.
- If you are concerned the weather may interfere with your long range reservations (more than 4 hours) to skydive we suggest you call the local weather station to get their weather forecast "GUESS".
- When it is time to skydive (within 4-hours of your reservation) we will employ the most complex resources available to us. We will walk outside and look up.
- Be aware. If you don't come to the skydiving center because "you" think the weather is not good and we jump that day you will forfeit your deposit(s) for each person in your group who did not come to jump.
- you question whether the weather is suitable for you tandem jump(s) call (270) 723-3587 just before you get in your car to drive out to the parachute center. We know what the weather is at the parachute center which can be very different from where you are. Here is a link to the weather forecast we find most useful and another for good measure. Likely the most useful information we can give you (other than guessing what the weather will be) is for you to know that if you are not at the parachute center you can't jump no matter what the weather is.
- Time - Please arrive at the parachute center at scheduled (reservation) time. Plan on being at the parachute center about 4-5 hours to complete the process of;
- Payment, 15 minutes
- Registration, 10 minutes
- Watch a short video waiver, 15 minutes
- Fill out sign and complete the waiver, 10 to 90 minutes.
- Training, 10 minutes.
- Manifest on the next plane, varies
- Ride up in the plane, 13 - 20 minutes
- THE JUMP - Free fall - Canopy Ride - Land - Celebrations, 45 minutes
- If your jump is scheduled in the afternoon please be prepared to spend the remainder of the day to complete your jump(s).
- Cancellation - In the event you fail to arrive and do not give us a full seven days of notice prior to your scheduled time we will retain / charge you fifty dollars per person scheduled under your reservation.