- First, "You can't make a skydive if you aren't at the skydiving center."
- Please, don't waste your time and ours looking at long range weather forecasts. Due to considerable inaccuracy of extended weather "forecast" (guess) we will not consider any forecast more than four hours into the future. We have to wait and see what the weather is by going outside and looking up at the sky.
- If you are concerned the weather may interfere with your skydiving plans wait until about ten or fifteen minutes before you begin your drive to the skydiving center. At that time one of our staff at the skydiving center will walk outside and LOOK UP to see what the CURRENT conditions are. Ultimately, our staff will make the final decision if it is appropriate to issue a rain check and/or reschedule your jump(s) for another time due to weather or other circumstances beyond the control of Skydive Kentucky.
- If you do not come to the skydiving center and we jump that day you will forfeit your deposit for each person in your group who did not come out to make their jump.
- Skydive KY is a year-round (52-weeks a year) drop zone. However during cold weather if the 24-hour forecast high temperature for the day is less that 45 degrees (source WHAS-84) and you prefer to wait for a warmer day, call us and we will issue you a "rain check". Be sure to call.
Here's a list of weather resources: