Type: Free PDF Download
Title: Talon 3.0 Packing Supplement
Manufacturer: Rigging Innovations
No. Pages: 3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Manufacturer: Rigging Inovations
Model: Talon 3.0
The Talon 3.0 harness and container system is certified under TSO C 23c, Category B
and is approved by the FAA as a minor change configuration to the Talon/Talon 2. The
part number of the assembly is 6111-(5).
To pack the Talon 3.0, the rigger must have a copy of the Talon 2 manual, RI-1311-(2)
Rev. 1. This supplement to that manual will allow the rigger to pack the Talon 3.0
correctly and legally.
As mentioned previously, the Talon 3.0 reserve system is a minor variant to the
Talon/Talon 2 design. The differences are as follows:
1. The reserve container does not have the internal riser covers nor the inside top
bridle cover flap.
2. The reserve deployment bag is slightly different in the shape of the molar design
at the top of the bag. Instead of the "V" shaped area, the location of the bridle
stowage area is only the width of the 2" bridle.
3. The reserve top flap is built as two separate parts instead of one assembly.
4. The RSL configuration is different in that the lanyard is mounted on the yoke
below the reserve riser, and there is a double ring mounting system.
Step 1. Install the stiffened section of the lanyard into the pockets on the left yoke area
below the rear reserve riser. The ring end goes towards the reserve container and the snap
shackle goes towards the harness 3-ring. Fig. RSL1
Step 2. Route the reserve ripcord through the housing and out the top. Fold the ends of
the lanyard inboard of the riser. Place the lanyard ring between the guide rings as shown
in Fig. RSL1 Make sure the rings are folded back towards the reserve container so that
they lay flat. Route the ripcord through the rings and into the short housing under the top
reserve flap and then between the inner and outer reserve flap. The ripcord is now in
place and ready to close the container.